On Saturday, October 17, from noon to 4:00 pm, we are celebrating Westchester’s second annual Home Movie Day at the Theater’s Jane Peck Gallery. We’re the only place in Westchester where you can participate in Home Movie Day, which is free and open to the public, and the event will feature home movies brought to us by you, our audience!
Home movies are not just important for personal family memories, but also for the culture at large. It is the record we leave behind for future generations and it is so rare to view our happiest memories with an audience. So whether it’s videos of your childhood, your grandparents’ wedding, or a friend’s birthday party, bring your movies to the Burns and share them our community!
Some rules, of course, come with the proceedings:
- Bring your 8 mm, 16 mm, or VHS (cued up) film to the JBFC Theater on October 17 between noon and 4:00 pm, and it will proceed to be inspected by the JBFC staff.
- Also, you can always drop off the film ahead of time through October 16 at the JBFC Theater, attention Projection Booth, at 364 Manville Road, Pleasantville, NY, between noon and 6:00 pm.
- Please make sure to include contact information and a brief description of what your film is. (Your film, of course, will be returned to you on Home Movie Day.)
- Finally, please make sure your film is only one reel, or 5-7 minutes long, so that everybody has a chance to see their home movie on the big screen.
- And, of course, make sure the footage is family-friendly, as this is a family event!
And, most importantly, just enjoy this unique experience.
Home Movie Day will take place at the JBFC Theater, 364 Manville Road, on Saturday, October 17 from noon-4:00 pm.